Acquisition of patent for taste evaluation technique of food ingredients
(Contracted analysis of samples since 2023)
At the stage where we were intensively pursuing conventional chromatographic research, we developed a method for measuring the strength of the taste of food using a chromatograph.
[Specific measurement and calculation methods]
We have derived that the palatability of food can be measured by calculating the reciprocal of the functionality of its ingredients.
We have demonstrated that this method of determining the degree of functionality can be done using a chromatograph.
The sensitivity of each taste component was investigated, and the signal from the chromatograph was calculated using arithmetic software.
As a result of intensive research, the height of the chromatogram was introduced into the calculation software for each component, and the taste power was measured.
From this fact, we have clarified that the method of determining the degree of functionality of the present invention can be accurately calculated on-line rather than sample injection.
[Characteristics of the developed device]
(1) The degree of functionality of various food ingredients can be displayed graphically.
(2) By using an autosampler, the strength of functionality can be evaluated continuously
(3) By selecting a separation column, a wide range of taste components can be measured by chromatography.
[Effective use of equipment]
(1) It can be used for quality control of intermediate products in the food manufacturing industry. In particular, it can be used for manufacturing sampling inspections, and it is possible to determine whether a certain taste has been obtained at the manufacturing stage.
(2) can be used to determine the functionality of produce; For example, if it becomes possible to determine the intensity of sweetness of ripe oranges and sweetness of unripe oranges, it will be possible to know when to harvest them. Of course, sourness and bitterness can also be determined.
(3) The method of the present invention can be used to determine taste without relying on human sensory tests.
(4) For example, it is not possible to collect 10 types of poisonous mushrooms and perform a sensory test of taste, but by utilizing the apparatus of the present invention, it is possible to judge the umami of all 10 types of poisonous mushrooms.
(5) Of course, analysis and removal methods for toxic components can also be used.
[Experiment flow diagram]